This weekend was exactly what I needed.
Friday night Jimmy and I worked late, so we didn't have dinner until almost 9:30. Needless to say, I was a starving, frustrated pregnant woman by the time our Chili's to-go meals were ready. After such a late dinner we watched a little t.v., finished a movie, and fell quickly to sleep.
Saturday was the definition of lazy. The weather was dreary so we slept until almost noon. Brinkley was a good sport and didn't make a noise until her little bladder just couldn't hold it anymore. I wasn't even out of bed 2 hours before I hopped back in, thanking God for the opportunity to be that lazy. I know this is the first, and last, time in my life I will EVER be pregnant and able to relax on weekends or sleep whenever I want. The next time, I will have a rambunctious little boy who won't quite understand how important it is to sleep all weekend. I'm still counting myself lucky to be able to lie down and be comfortable for long periods of time, because I know the near future will hold rising amounts of discomfort.
Sunday was our 6 year anniversary of being together. We didn't do anything special to celebrate, but we made sure to thank our Heavenly Father for these blessed 6 years. Jimmy and I have a relationship that is so different than many today. When we met at a JV football game senior year, neither of us had any clue how much of an impact we would be in each others lives. As time passed and we fell in love, it was evident that nothing would keep us from one day getting married. Our first year of college we were about 3 hours apart, so we made sure to write each other at least once a week. Yes, you read that correctly, write. We would only sometimes email , but it was important to us both to take the time and write what was going on in our lives, how we missed each other, and our plans for the future. I love reading all of the letters. Each and every one holds a special place in my heart. To this day, we continue to write our feelings for each other, and nothing means more to me than finding a hand written letter from Jimmy on the counter or my pillow to start the day. We have the kind of love I hope my kids one day find because it is genuine, but yet, so rare.
Although we had an incredibly lazy weekend, it filled my heart with joy. Just 10 more weeks until we add another indescribable joy to our daily lives!
No comments:
Post a Comment