I'm officially visiting my doctor every two weeks now until the final month. But today, we found out some great news!
Besides Baby Fraser kicking up a storm when the nurse was trying to get a fetal heartbeat, he is still growing fast! I really want to avoid a C-Section if I can (although I fully understand and will have one if there is a medical emergency - my child comes first) so my doctor wants to make sure I deliver a baby that is an appropriate size in comparison to me. We scheduled an ultrasound for March 17, just a day before my birthday, to see how big he will be at 38 weeks. If he's the perfect size, all systems are go for an induction. On the other hand, my doctor informed me that there is always the possibility of the baby arriving anywhere from 35 weeks on, and Jimmy and I need to be prepared.
That was a real dose of reality. If the baby comes around 35 weeks, then I'm only 5 weeks away with SO much to do to the nursery, at work, around the house...oh my! Of course, we will welcome early delivery with open arms and just want the baby to be as healthy as possible. It's just really starting to hit home now.
So, it was a great appointment. My weight is good, blood pressure is good, the baby is healthy and growing and everything is just as it should be. Praise God!
No comments:
Post a Comment