Thursday, February 9, 2012

Monkey See, Monkey Do

Jackson loves to do everything his big brother does. He's walking more and more each day, and today he made it across the entire living room without falling. Of course, he made sure to do it right when Jimmy was watching and he received a lot of cheers and clapping from his role model after the big accomplishment.

Today, the boys did something that made me laugh so hard. They were hanging out in the "nook" that leads to the master bedroom, standing up against the wall surveying their shadows. Jimmy has recently discovered his and makes a point to talk to it daily. Out of no where, Jimmy started talking in a high pitched voice, throwing in a few screams. Always one to follow, Jackson started screaming in the same manner. The two continued on, eventually succumbing to laughter at what they were doing. I was bursting at the seams laughing because it went on for so long and they seemed to not even notice my reaction. They were in their own little world, screaming and communicating in a way I'll never be a part of.

That's one of the many things I love about having two little boys so close in age. They've developed their own language and communication system. Jimmy signs to Jackson "ba-ba" and then helps him drink it. They wrestle and play cars, all the while babbling away. And they completely understand one another. Jackson always knows when he's pushed Jimmy too far, and Jimmy knows when he's been a little mean to Jackson. And as hard as I try to become a part of their little playgroup, I very rarely feel like I belong. They are such partners in crime and such good playmates, that when I step in and try to make Lightning McQueen save the day, I'm just not doing it right.

Although it hurts a little to know they don't need me as much for playtime anymore, I always feel needed when they both settle into my lap and we read a heap of books. Jimmy also takes special time to return the favor, and while I'm cooking dinner he will sit at the island and read books to me.

Honestly, some days I just don't think life could get any better, and then I remember that a year from now, I'll have three little ones communicating in their own special language as I sit by thinking about how much I love them all.

No comments:

Post a Comment