The good thing about having kids so close in age who share everything (yes, even pacifiers at times) is that they both get sick at the same time, so we get it out of the way in one swoop. The bad thing about having kids so close in age who share everything is that they both get sick at the same time.
While I'm glad to get it all done at once, it's tough work.
This past weekend we all caught that same nasty little cold little Jimmy has. You know, the one that caused him to puke all over me? Yeah, that's the one.
Luckily, there was no puking this past weekend. There was, however, a lot of coughing, sneezing and runny noses. And what else is there to do when everyone feels blah? Nap, of course!
Saturday I curled into the guest room bed after the boys went down for their morning nap. When I woke up, it was almost 4 in the afternoon, and Jackson had just woken up and Jimmy was still silent as could be. You know it's a "knock you off your feet" type cold when the boys sleep from nap #1 until nap #2. Jimmy and I enjoyed the extended naps as well, hoping we would be able to fend off the terrible coughs.
Sunday, we proved we were not immune. The four of us hustled through our bi-weekly H.E.B. run and were back in our comfy clothes within minutes of returning home. The boys napped extra long again, weren't keen on eating, and wanted nothing more than to lay on the ground and play with their toys. When they went down for their afternoon naps, Jimmy and I popped in a movie and found ourselves dozing off on the couch.
It was definitely not a weekend I'll look back and always remember, but it was definitely nice to slow down a bit. And although we aren't feeling the best, we are never, ever too sick to cuddle with our little cold-stricken boys. Throw in a bunch of coughing, sneezing, nose blowing and hand washing and we had ourselves quite the little cold party.
Hope your weekend was much less germ filled!
No comments:
Post a Comment