Whoever said I would never enjoy a lazy Saturday after having kids was wrong. Way wrong.
Today, after some botched up plans to travel to Waco with the hubby for a high school playoff game, I decided to take the boys over to hang out with my little brother and parents all day. Shortly after getting there, it was already time for the boys' first nap. With the rain pounding on the rooftop and the cold front finally moving in, I figured it was an opportune time for me to nestle in underneath the covers of one of the extra beds in the house. About two hours later, I woke up feeling refreshed but still lazy.
The rain lingered all day so we tuned in to some movies on t.v. and let the boys play. They crawled all over us and wore themselves out. Jackson, still tuckered out from Thanksgiving, proceeded to take a three an a half hour nap. Tempted to take another nap myself, I opted not to and instead cuddled on the couch with little Jimmy. After dinner, the boys were covered head to toe in Chick-fil-A and needed a bath. The wonderful part about Jackson now being able to push himself to sitting from his tummy means he also has much more balance when sitting, so the boys can safely take a bath together.
While Jackson was playing with a toy, Jimmy (against my advice to sit) stood up and was playing with the faucet. He was directly positioned over Jackson where if he decided to, uh, go pee pee it would be a direct hit. As soon as I noticed this, I told Jimmy not to pee on his little brother and again asked him to sit.
Seconds later little Jimmy was grabbing his *ahem* and aiming it even more at Jackson.
I closed my eyes.
It isn't possible he can comprehend exactly what I said and then also make himself go. It isn't possible.
When I opened my eyes just a second later, Jimmy had perfected his aim and proceeded to pee all over Jackson's back, as if it had a giant bullseye on it. He covered his mouth with his free hand and laughed hysterically. I was shocked that he was doing it (and also wondering if he could pee on command why, oh why, was he taking his sweet time to potty train!) but couldn't help but laugh. I laughed mostly because Jackson wasn't in the least phased by the urine hitting his back. It was absolutely, positively disgusting. I sternly told Jimmy to stop, explaining that it was very yucky and not very nice.
As I reached for the soap to lather Jackson down, Jimmy decided he wasn't quite finished urinating. So, he did it again.
I guess Jimmy's got his brother's back. :)
(Note: Both boys were thoroughly cleaned after this incident.)
No comments:
Post a Comment