I think if I write this down it may make me feel a little bit better.
We don't have our Christmas tree...yet.
The house isn't decorated for Christmas...yet.
There, now I feel a little bit better. A little.
Lately, if I find any spare moments in my day for Facebook or Twitter I am overwhelmed by photos of the interiors of houses, the exteriors of houses, Christmas trees, children, and baked goodies that are decked out for Christmas. Over at our house, the only signs of Christmas are two Little People Nativity sets, a stuffed Santa and Rudolph, and an angel hanging by the front door. Oh, and a few incredibly cute pajama sets for the boys. I've yet to find the time or motivation to deck our halls with boughs of holly, what with work, a toddler, and a teething, not-so-pleasant-at-the-moment infant. I have, however, started packing for our once in a lifetime Christmas vacation. So, if I'm way ahead on one and behind on the other, it cancels out, right?
I'll get around to it, that's for sure. Christmas isn't Christmas without the tree with glistening ornaments and beautiful lights. The tree I can certainly promise, but the rest may just have to wait until next year when we are home to celebrate. If you happen to stop by our house this Christmas season, please don't think we are the Scrooges of Christmas present. :)
No comments:
Post a Comment