Sunday, October 2, 2011

Sweet Jackson

I still can't believe Jackson is almost 7 months old. Just the other night I sat down and re-read my blog posts from those last few weeks when I was pregnant with him. Despite all the hardships we had together, he has not shown any major signs of being premature. I'm thankful every day for that.

On Monday, Jackson got his first tooth! We have been battling hard with these first few teeth. I have felt the buds there for about a month now, and as they get closer and closer to breaking through the gums he produces more and more drool. His sleep is also affected by these teeth and he's restless in the middle of the night. Luckily, I've been able to get him back to sleep and he's able to take good naps during the day. However, I am eager for these teeth to come through that are still giving him problems so we can both get a good night's sleep. Monday night he slept longer than he has ever slept, and I know it was from the relief of his first tooth coming through.

Sweet Jackson is also learning many things from his big brother. They will sit on the floor and play - well, Jackson chews toys and watches Jimmy play. Jimmy is extremely protective of his brother and loves to "old him" (hold him). Jackson's high chair is next to Jimmy at the table so they can eat together, too. They are inseparable, and I'm smitten with them.

While Jimmy is my pacifier boy, Jackson is my blankie boy. He loves to hold blankies, chew blankies and when he's tired he pulls the blankie over his eyes. Right now, there's no specific blankie he clings to more.

And perhaps one of my favorite things about Jackson is how much he loves his Daddy. Since (big) Jimmy isn't home often, when he is home the boys love to make him laugh and show him what they can do. Jackson will just stare at his Daddy with a big smile on his face. When Daddy's around, no one else really matters.

I'm so happy right now I sometimes think I might burst. Things at work are going really well and the boys bring me so much joy each day. God is SO GOOD!

No comments:

Post a Comment