Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Yes.

Holy cow! Time is flying and I can't believe I forgot to sit down last week AND this week to write my post about what I'm saying yes to. Last week, I had no good excuse. This week, I have two very stuffed up little boys who aren't sleeping well and I'm officially sleep deprived for the first time since having kids. Does that count as a good enough excuse?

Probably not.

So even though we are halfway through the week already, I'll write what I'm going to say yes to for the rest of the week:

  • Taking a hot bath
  • Reading a few chapters out of my book
  • Not trying to "fix" everyone and their problems
  • Listening 
  • Practicing patience
  • Keeping noses clean and my babies as happy as possible during this difficult allergy season
  • Teaching the kids something new
  • Re-discovering my hobbies
  • Spending quality time with my husband
  • Picking my battles
  • Relying on God's timing, not my own
  • Praying so wholeheartedly that tears well up in my eyes
  • Cheering the Sooners on to a victory (hopefully!)
  • Taking a nap
  • Letting the housework wait
  • Better prioritizing work tasks
  • Drinking more water and less coffee
  • Saving money for Disney
  • Reading to the boys
  • Snuggling up on cool mornings
  • Getting dressed up just because
  • Cooking healthy dinners
  • Exercising more
  • Laughing at the little things
  • Not taking myself so serious
  • Not taking things so personal
  • Continuing to be the best mom, wife, daughter and friend I can be
  • Memorizing a Bible verse and living by it
  • Letting God renew me each morning
Alright, readers. I challenge you to start making a list of things you're saying yes to every week! It really helps me put things in perspective and reminds me of the strong power of just saying yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment