I can't believe you're 19 months old today (ok, ok, technically it's tomorrow but I have a few spare moments at the end of this excruciatingly long day so I wanted to write when I know I have the time.)
You are growing in so many ways. Here's a few things about you at this age:
- You are extremely animated.
- You are my echo and my shadow.
- I have never encountered a 19 month old that can speak as well as you do. Because you can tell me exactly what you want or how you feel, we don't have communication frustrations.
- You make a face that makes me melt and mad at the same time. You scrunch up your nose and squint your eyes. It's your "I'm not happy with what you're saying" face.
- You don't use sign language anymore except when saying please. And when you sign it, you really mean it. It cracks me up.
- You know that your Daddy loves music and you love to sing for him. You're favorite songs are "Party Rock Anthem" (you like the beat) and The Chipmunk's "Witch Doctor."
- You love a good dance party.
- You sleep with three pacifiers every night.
- You are wearing 2T and 3T clothes. Your diapers are size 5.
- Your favorite shoes are your Crocs.
- Jackson is your best friend and you are extremely protective of him.
- Sometimes, you talk back.
- If you know you're doing something you shouldn't, you say no while you're doing it.
- Your favorite movies are "Monsters, Inc." and "Finding Nemo."
- The only cartoon you will even remotely watch is Mickey Mouse Clubhouse.
- You give the best "monkey hugs" in the morning and before bed.
- You never eat or go to sleep without saying your prayers.
- When I ask you where God is, you point both pointer fingers to the sky and look up with a big smile.
- The moon fascinates you.
- You are a water bug. If you could, you would sit in a tub of bubbles all day long.
- You're terrified of loud noises but love to try new things.
- If you could be inside or outside all day, you would choose to be outside.
- You wrap your arms around Brinkley's neck and give her the best hugs. You also let her lick your face and hands so she's basically your biggest fan.
- You are caring, loving and patient.
- You love to read.
- Trucks are your favorite toys.
- Your imagination runs wild.
- You love to pretend cook.
- You are very independent.
- On days when Mommy gets to sleep in, you scream for me at the top of your lungs and bang on my bedroom door. As much as I wish for a morning of peace, I love that you miss me so much.
- You are ticklish all over. To get me back, you tickle my feet.
- You call my robe your blankie.
- When I'm drinking my morning coffee, you come over, smell it and smile. You know exactly what it is.
- Sometimes, you get brave and ask for Coke instead of milk. Mommy never gives in, though.
- You call all other babies Jackson and you think they are all your baby brothers.
- Silly is your middle name.
- I get most frustrated when you play with the DVDs.
- You sit so peacefully in the chair in our formal living room that was my grandma's. She would have loved to see you sitting in it.
- You won't listen and stay out of the dishwasher.
- You always ask if we can watch football.
- You tell everyone hi when we are out and about.
Jimmy, you are one in a million. You are growing so fast and learning so many things. You listen to everything we say and watch everything we do. I have never seen a 19 month old so in love with life, so eager to wake up and explore a new day. Walking into your bedroom each morning is like a breath of fresh air; every day is a new adventure for you. Whether you are laughing or crying, smiling or being mischievous, you bring so much joy to my heart.
God has blessed me beyond anything I could have imagined. Jackson will have a wonderful role model in you. There are big things in your future little guy, and I can't wait to be along for the ride. Thanks for loving me the way you do.
All my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment