Friday, January 21, 2011

Bed Rest: Day 2

I am officially not cut out to be on bed rest, and it isn't because I don't want to rest. When you're home alone during the day with work to catch up on (granted, this can be done from my laptop in bed) and an active 10 month old, I'm honestly having a little bit of trouble staying in a sitting or lying down position.

Yesterday I was TERRIBLE at bed rest. Shhhhh, please don't tell. But the whole idea of resting for at least 2 months was thrown upon me quite suddenly, and I had previous engagements that needed to be tended to. So, after a three hour meeting in the office training new staff, I came home just in time for little Jimmy to wake up from his nap. When he's up, it's pretty tough to stay on the floor and not pick him up, especially when he's climbing up stairs, hiding under the kitchen table and getting into everything.

Today was a bit better. I inflated our air mattress in the living room and ended up having a terrific morning with Jimmy watching Disney movies. I also slept in until 9 a.m., something I never do on weekdays (usually I'm up at 6:30 working for at least 3 hours before Jimmy wakes up.) Jimmy awoke at 10 and after breakfast we cuddled on the air mattress while watching "Lilo and Stitch." He seemed much more aware that Mommy couldn't run after him and was really good about playing in just the living room. He took a 2 hour nap, and then headed over to Grandma Joyce's house for the rest of the evening. I worked for a bit (while sitting!!!! and relaxing!!!!), took a warm shower, and watched a movie in bed. The house has been quiet and peaceful.

I have had my regular bouts of Braxton Hicks contractions but luckily they aren't painful anymore. I wish I could say the same for my rear end. Geesh those shots are brutal!!! I'm sure the pain will subside just in time to get another. :)

Bless those people with more than one child and a job that doesn't allow them the opportunity to work from home - I'm not sure how women put on bed rest in that situation would do it!

No comments:

Post a Comment