The other night I sat down at my computer, dreading the task of securing domain names. I figured the chances of finding a domain available for my book would be slim to none. I began the task with this negative mindset and went about trying to conjure new names, none of which I really wanted, but all of which I would have just settled for. The more domains I typed in, the more disgruntled about the situation I got.
Already purchased.
Already purchased.
Already purchased.
Everything I typed in was already taken. On a whim, I typed in a domain name I wanted pretty bad - a simple one I was sure there was no hope in purchasing: my name.
And you'll never guess what appeared.
Available.
My heart began to race as I quickly put it in my cart for purchase. I then typed in the domain name for the hopeful title of my first book. I expected the worst but was greeted with the best.
Available.
I purchased the two domain names and, yet again, was shown by God that this calling is bigger than me. This book, this journey I'm on, is not of my own. It's all for His glory and of His doing.
I then set to the task of finding someone to help me develop the website. I knew just the guy - the creative director and website creative genius behind Digital Texas. I approached him about helping me with the website. When payment terms came around, he refused payment. He believes in what I'm doing and wants to be a part of helping it become a reality. God's hand at work, yet again. I'm thankful to have so many people surrounding me to cheer me on and help me answer God's call.
Here's a quick screen shot of what the site looks like now, before we've set to work on it. I want to keep this photo to remember where we started and watch how God will mold it into an outlet for His love to be spread!

No comments:
Post a Comment