Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Media Blitzing

Last week I had the unique opportunity to partake in a week long media blitz for a community outreach project the interns at Woodlands Online put together. When we finalized details on our Christmas in July donation drive, I instructed the interns to spread the word as much as possible, and I, in turn, would reach out to my contacts and do the same. The interns seem to be fearless, and quickly reached out beyond our community to the greater Houston area. In the blink of an eye, they had my week planned out.

Monday I was booked to record an interview with Becca James at 104.1 KRBE. The interview aired during her show, Around H-Town. You can listen to the interview here. Monday morning was also when 89.3 KSBJ talked about our donation drive on the morning show.

Tuesday morning, I took as many interns and members of my production team as I could down to KHOU to be in the live audience of Great Day Houston.  They also agreed to air a promo spot for us during the show: 

Throughout the week, my good friends over at KHOU aired this graphic along with a little blurb about the drive: 


And Saturday morning at 5 a.m., I rolled out of bed and prepared for my first live interview. Sherry Williams of KHOU was kind enough to feature me in a segment at 7:20 a.m. I was more nervous than I've been in quite some time, but sure enough, God gave me the strength and peace I needed to get through. (There's no video clip of the interview, but here's a photo of Mario Gomez, me and Sherry.)


And to top it all off, we will wrap up the donation drive with a spirit night at a local Chick-fil-A. 

It was a hectic, exciting, stressful and joy-filled week to say the least. I was discouraged at times because I ended the week so tired that I couldn't muster the energy to work on my book. However, I quickly came to realize that God was giving me a glimpse of what it takes to promote something you believe in. Now, I feel much more prepared for when I'll be out on the circuit promoting my book....

....if I ever finish it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment