Dear Baby J,
I'm so excited to meet you. You're a special gift from God and I can already tell you're going to be very different from your two big brothers. For one thing, you have me running to the pantry and fridge a million times a day. I can't seem to stop eating, whereas when I was pregnant with your brothers, food didn't sound appealing until the last trimester. I've also taken quite a liking to Pace Picante sauce, which is interesting because Nana (my mom) craved it when she was pregnant with me.
I thought I'd write you a little letter to tell you about the family you'll be joining in the future.
-We love to jump on the bed, snuggle under the covers, and play hide-and-seek with the pillows.
-Dance parties occur quite frequently around here. There's rarely a night when music isn't on and we're all dancing around the living room. And our dance moves? Well, you'll see. Jimmy and Jackson like to be center stage, so you definitely have some competition on the dance floor.
-We're big fans of Disney World and we're already hoping to take the whole family back Christmas 2013.
-Your brothers could watch "Cars," "Toy Story," "Tangled" and "The Lion King" all day long if I would let them. Hopefully when you come along their interests will be a little more diverse, but for the meantime, get ready to hear a whole lot of "Hakuna Matata" from inside my belly.
-Bath time is a pretty big deal. Your brothers get really, really excited and bolt up the stairs at the mention of a bath. They also have so many toys in there I wonder if there's enough room for them sometimes.
-Daddy coaches football and baseball. He probably won't be around much when you're first born, but he gets a lot of time off at Christmas so you should be prepared for a whole lot of Daddy time then.
-Some days, none of us get out of our jammies. And we're all ok with that. I'm sure you won't mind either.
-We always say prayers before dinner and bedtime. If anyone takes a bite without saying prayers first, Jimmy is swift to remind us. Before you know it, you'll be bowing your little head and clasping your hands in prayer, too!
-We're all a little bit crazy. We're loud and silly at times, and we love to play pretend. The house has a variety of toys, and you'll always have someone in the house to play with.
-Your brothers love to read. We read books every single day.
Sweet Baby J, we couldn't be more eager to meet you. We have quite some time before that day comes, and let me advise you, the longer you stay in there, the better. I'm sure you can show up your two big brothers and go past 36 weeks. Just promise me that we won't be too hard on each other when those hot summer months approach. Deal?
I love you to the moon and back already. I know you'll fit right in and you'll quickly find that you'll never be more loved anywhere but here.
All my love,
Mommy
No comments:
Post a Comment