I had to sit and write this post because my blog stats for today are suggesting people are turning to my blog for an extended version of my brief Facebook post announcing our new addition.
Yup, it's true. We are pregnant!
We have been trying for quite some time now (I know, I know, you already think we have our hands full with two under the age of two, why would we even dream of trying to add another to the mix so soon?!) but everything was in God's perfect timing. Of that, I'm oh so sure. You see, this was just another thing I thought would happen according to my timing. We started trying when I thought it would be most convenient for us to welcome another little one. After 5 months of trying I started to realize God had a much bigger plan and maybe it wasn't the right time to grow the family. But in that magical 6th month, the test came back positive.
And the thing is, it came back positive at 3 a.m. I'm extremely impatient, so when I got up soothe Jackson back to sleep (he's teething something fierce) I took the test. And well before the two minutes were up, the plus sign was staring at me. I hit my knees and prayed. I cried. I was overjoyed. I needed to tell someone - but who?
I crept back into the bedroom and hoped my return would stir Jimmy. He didn't move a muscle. I tossed and turned in bed, a little bit more dramatically than normal, to try and get him to wake. Nothing. I finally gave up and a few hours later fell back to sleep. When the kids woke up at 9 a.m., I told him to gather them both up and bring them down to snuggle with us in bed. When we were all nestled on the bed together, I looked at Jackson and Jimmy and told them Mommy had a surprise for them. They were going to be big brothers.
Jimmy did a double take and first replied with an incredulous, "No...really?" He said it a few more times and then he realized this was no joke. Our family of four was growing by one.
The rest of the day we were on cloud 9, throwing out potential names of which the other would immediately veto. We were so excited and wanted to share the news with everyone, but found ourselves scheming up "the perfect way" to announce it. When Jimmy left for flag football that afternoon, my excitement got the best of me and I spilled the beans to both our families. Then friends. I thought he would be disappointed in me, but instead he was relieved because he was struggling to keep the news to himself. You would have thought Baby J #3 (our loving name for our little one) was our first.
And then I let the excitement get the best of me and I posted it on Facebook. Now it's public, and there was no cute announcement. Perhaps our gender reveal will be a little more creative, but I highly doubt it.
So there it is. Jimmy and I love our jobs and love what we do. But we are called to be parents. We feel called to glorify Christ through family. And when God calls you to grow your family, you don't ask questions. If you're scratching your head wondering how I'll work and raise three under three - don't. If you're wondering about finances, room in the house, or anything of that nature - don't. If you're worried having another will hinder me from loving Jimmy or Jackson to the fullest extent, or that another baby will ruin our social lives - don't. Trust me, I'm not. And any amount of worrying you may be doing about all the how questions is more worrying than I'm doing, because when God blesses you with a child, you don't ask how you'll manage, you just say thanks and obey. He will always provide.
And the kids? Oh, they love it. Little Jimmy is now carrying around his Woody doll saying, "baby" and often puts him to sleep on the couch with a blanket. When I first asked him if he wanted Mommy to have another baby, he looked at me and said, "Kids!" And Jackson? Well, Jackson drooled and then proceeded to climb over Jimmy and steal Woody from his arms, which resulted in a tug-of-war where I had to step in and save poor Woody. I definitely think that's Jackson's way of showing his approval, though. :)
Thank you for your warm and kind words, your blessings and your prayers. As we continue to grow, I hope you continue to laugh with us, cry with us, and grow with us. God bless.
No comments:
Post a Comment