Monday, September 19, 2011

We did something right...

Saturday night little Jimmy proved he is picking up on some positive behavior in our house.

It's very rare that (big) Jimmy and I get to share a meal alone, but Saturday night both boys took a longer than expected nap. I had dinner ready early so we were able to enjoy our meal just the two of us.

When little Jimmy woke up we put him at the table with his plate in front of him. He started eating and then stopped out of no where and dropped his fork. He looked at Jimmy and me and said, "Prayers!" We always pray as a family before dinner, and despite the different eating arrangement Saturday, Jimmy remembered that prayers come before eating.

I was moved beyond words. Tears welled in my eyes when his chubby little hands folded together in front of him and and looked at me, eagerly awaiting the prayer. I prayed for him and then he dug right back in.

It was such a beautiful moment, and it reassured Jimmy and me that we are indeed doing something right.

No comments:

Post a Comment