It certainly has been forever since I sat my tush down on a chair and blogged. To anyone who reads this (does anyone read this?) I'm very sorry.
And, let's be honest, so much has gone on since our return home from Ocean City that it would take me darn near forever to write about it. So, I'll give you a short and sweet version of it all:
1. Jackson can roll over, eats solids 3 times a day, likes to stand up and talks A LOT. Especially in the morning when he first wakes up. He is teething so he chews on everything and drools all over the place. I sometimes wonder if I should walk around in the backyard and just let the copious amounts of drool water the dying grass.
2. Little Jimmy's best friend in the whole wide world is Jackson. Jimmy can count to three and is getting pretty good at using the proper utensils when we eat. He's also a little bossy, which scares me to death because it means he's taking after his Mommy. And, we tried potty training, but he just isn't ready yet. We'll try again soon.
3. Jimmy has officially started coaching and teaching again, which means my house is (almost) always clean and I'm only running around after two kids instead of three. Makes life a little easier, although I do miss him being around. He's gone every evening and on weekends, so we are having to make some major adjustments around here with this new lifestyle. On the upside, he absolutely loves everything about what he does.
4. I'm entering a new stage in life, and I'm calling it "New Beginnings." I'm not very good at being domestic, in terms of cooking and being artsy fartsy, but, in attempt to be a better chef and add a little creativity into my life, I'm working hard at learning how to expand my horizons. I thought being a Mom was tough, but try learning something completely new, like how to properly cook, not just make hot dogs, and whew it's tough. I've been making all of Jackson's baby food myself and I love it. I'm saving hundreds (yes - hundreds!) of dollars each month while at the same time feeding him the best food possible. I'm also in the beginning stages of starting my own company, which I'm giddy about. I'm going to be following my dream while serving others the best way I know how.
God's working in some big ways in this family. We've had some ups and downs, but I think this chapter, "New Beginnings," is going to be one of the best yet. I promise I'll get better about blogging as we continue forth.... :)
No comments:
Post a Comment