Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Updates!

My goodness it's been a long time since I've sat down at the computer and caught everyone up on what's going on with us. I must admit, it's a nice change to sit down and hear the clicking of keys and know that I don't have a deadline to meet or bills to pay. When I sit down to blog, it's me time, and things have been busy lately so I haven't had much of that!

Little Jimmy
Jimmy's first Halloween went by without a hitch. My whole take on his first Halloween was that he was too young to remember it and in Texas it's too hot to dress him up in all the available infant costumes. So, we went for a pair of blue jeans, a white T-shirt, a bandanna and he was a cowboy. Nothing extravagant, but it was easy and kept him cool so it worked for us all. He watched from his stroller as his uncle Jake, a ninja, ran from house to house gathering his loot.

He's also crawling - like crazy. Everywhere. On everything. And he isn't content with playing in just one area or being confined. He wants to explore and pull cords out of the walls and, most of all, stand up. He tries to pull himself up on anything he can grab and yesterday we found him standing up in his crib for the first time! Jimmy and I were both shocked at what we saw when we entered his room, and I think it scared little Jimmy too because he immediately fell over. He's very independent and has a beautiful personality. He brightens strangers days and smiles all the time. He's known by most as the "smiling baby." I hope his brother has the same happy demeanor and love for life. I pray that God will slow this time down just a bit so I can take in each moment.

He's also talking, or at least trying to. He says, "Momma," "Up," Uh oh" and "Hi." We only really heard him say dad once and it was clear as day when he looked up at Jimmy and said, "Hi, Dad." He said it so casually that it cracked us up. He also gives me big, wet kisses. I just love those!

Big Jimmy

Jimmy stays busy with teaching and filming on the side for Woodlands Online. I can tell Jimmy's love for his students and his new position grows daily and he is doing such a fantastic job at it. I know that he's reaching out to students as a mentor and he's doing God's work daily.

Jessica
I'm keeping busy with work. I was interviewed by KHOU today for a segment on our company. As Director of Communications, I'm responsible for all that fun stuff. I was a little nervous, but my audio/video savvy husband prepped me well. My back is causing me a lot of problems and I'm still struggling daily with the pain and ability to be as mobile as I once was. Luckily, I have a doctor's appointment to get it checked out. Pregnancy-wise, I feel wonderful and can feel little kicks from baby Ethan. He has such a personality as well! I can hardly wait to meet him.

As you can read, things are busy in the Fraser house. Between parenting and work, we are always on the go. We wouldn't have things any different, though!

No comments:

Post a Comment