Thursday, October 28, 2010

The Sweetest Thing

I am convinced that I have not only one of the brightest, but definitely the sweetest little boy on the planet.

After spending Tuesday night and all day Wednesday over at my mom's house, I was wondering if little Jimmy truly missed me. He has so much fun playing over at both his grandparents' houses and often gives us a look of, "Oh no, you're back," when we go to pick him up. I'm happy he is so comfortable away from me but also saddened at the same time that he's growing up.

In the wee hours of the morning, Jimmy answered any lingering questions I may have about how much he loves his Mommy. He woke up fussing at 2:45 a.m. and we brought him into bed with us. Now that he's so big, this isn't as cute and cuddly as it once was; it's more of a struggle to get his feet from being lodged in our ribs, prying his sticky fingers off our face, and constantly shoving him to the middle of the bed after he's rolled every way possible. But when we brought him into bed with us this morning, something was different. He crawled over to my pillow and laid his head down right next to mine, put his arm on my chest and fell back to sleep. I was so taken by this sweet gesture that I fell into a deep sleep as well. When he woke up at 7:00 a.m. for his morning bottle, we spent a few minutes waking up and just laying there talking. Before I knew it, he was singing me a song. He put his little head up on my chest and sang the most beautiful little baby babble song I've ever heard. Then, he crawled up on top of me and twirled my hair in his fingers and laid back down. He NEVER does that anymore.

It was a moment I will never forget. It touched me so deep and I knew he was telling me how much he loved me in that moment. He will always need me in a different way than he needs anyone else. But what he doesn't know, is just how much I need him.

No comments:

Post a Comment