Monday, November 15, 2010

Guilty.

Our family is experiencing some major milestones.

Little Jimmy is pulling himself up on anything he can and once he learns how to get his balance just right, he'll be off and walking in no time. I was thinking the other night while laying in bed how quickly the time passes and before I know it my kids will be teenagers, then young adults, then parents. I'm guilty of wanting little Jimmy to stay little forever, not wanting to share him with anyone else and just keeping him wrapped in my arms where I know he'll be safe.

Work is keeping us very busy and we are going through some times that are testing every fiber of our being. I continue to push on and must admit, I've been extremely guilty of complaining more than I should. As I know all too well, this is not a productive habit to fall into, so I'm going to work on being more positive and relying more on God's plan for the company.

And the biggest thing of all is our current search for a new home. We've decided we have enough saved and the prices are in our budget to afford a new home. We found one we think is "perfect," but we are well aware many things could fall into the path ahead that would prevent us from closing. Jimmy and I are guilty of getting too excited so early when there's still so much that could happen.

While washing bottles tonight I was thinking how I would take some quiet time and read the Word as we pray over the future of our family and, hopefully, a new home. At that point, I realized what I'm the most guilty of - turning to God when I need something most, when I'm hurting most, or when I'm most lost. I'm not a perfect Christian and by no means do I pretend to be. I almost always thank God first and foremost for joys and blessings, but it seems so much easier to mutter a simple "Thanks" during those times rather than sit and give God the glory through the study of His Word. Sad, huh? I thought so, too.

So things are changing in this house. I may be a working mom who juggles more than I can handle on most days but that doesn't excuse me overlooking quiet time for something else. Cleaning a bathroom can wait 15 minutes. The dishes won't grow legs and walk away if I sit and meditate on the Word when times are tough - AND good. I used to be really good about spending quiet time with my Heavenly Father, and as things piled up, I found less and less time to squeeze it in. Right now, we're financially nervous about changes and a move, knowing all too well we will be readjusting our monthly budget and cutting back in some areas so we can enjoy the pleasures of a new home. I was quick to think about turning to the Bible for my answers to financial worries, and I know there's nothing wrong with seeking the Word when I feel troublesome, but I have to become better about turning to the Word, as I turn to God, for EVERY day of my life. The highs. The lows. He's there and He's in charge, so why not take the time to read the life manual He's set forth for us?

No comments:

Post a Comment