To catch everyone up, Jimmy has his two front upper teeth. When we were in the car the other night driving around, the song "All I Want for Christmas is My Two Front Teeth" came on and I couldn't help but laugh at the fact that perhaps we could cross little Jimmy off the list of people to buy for since his have come in. Unfortunately, for that little guy, it was a painful, puking, irritable process and I'm so glad it's over. I got a little surprise today when he stuck my finger in his mouth to bite down, I felt not only 4 teeth clamp down, but 5. We have a third tooth on the bottom now. Oh the joys of teething. If you do happen to stop by our house, bring a drop cloth or some sort of poncho for yourself - you're bound to get a little wet with all his drool.
Jimmy also had his first Thanksgiving! I woke up that morning like a kid on Christmas, so excited to sit him at the table, surrounded by family, and let him let loose on turkey, stuffing, cranberries and the like. We watched the Macy's Thanksgiving Day Parade and he was only interested in the giant balloon of Mickey Mouse. He's definitely a Fraser. As we prepared for the day, I was struck with a bit of sadness that Thanksgiving would be drastically different this year. My Mom was in Canada on work and my brother was spending his first Thanksgiving with his new girlfriend. (Whom we all adore.) Although the table would be full of Frasers and part of the Kintigh family, it was still incomplete.
Jimmy enjoyed everything he put in his mouth that day, except for the cranberry relish. We couldn't help but give him a few more bites after his initial reaction of what we call the "sour face" because it was just so cute to watch. He was a trooper that day, surviving on only an hour and a half nap the entire day. I was shocked at how well he held up to the excitement. He was all smiles and lots of talking that day!
And now we have a crawler/puller-uper/semi-stander. Jimmy is the quickest little crawler I've ever seen, although he doesn't use his right leg at all during his army crawl. As odd as it is, it works for him. He also can pull up on furniture, walls, people and anything that is semi-sturdy in the blink of an eye. He's fearless. He's now trying his luck at standing alone and will do so for a few seconds before quickly reaching back for a steady surface. And don't you dare let go of him if he's not ready - you'll get the evil eye, and trust me, you don't want Jimmy's evil eye (even for an 8 month old, it's scary.)
Jimmy also has a brand new house to play in! We bought our first house yesterday and it was the scariest, most stressful process I've ever had to go through. I thought labor was trying up until yesterday. The paperwork. The phone calls. The "to-do" lists. It was constant for 2 weeks until we had the official word that we could close. Closing on a house makes labor look easy. It was truly God's work that in a matter of just 15 days we found a house and closed on it. We are now in the process of moving in, and well, if you know me, you know I absolutely hate to move. I'm also anal-retentive, so I want everything done now. I have trouble waiting patiently for things to get done. God blessed me with patience as a mother, but that's about it.
Big Jimmy was off the entire week of Thanksgiving, which was a complete blessing. I love having my husband around. If you didn't already know, we are best friends. He's my confidante and a helping hand when I need it. I was slammed with work that week and he was so helpful with Jimmy and getting things around the house done. It was hard watching him leave for work Monday morning, but I know in just 3 short weeks he will be off for 2 whole weeks! The joys of being a teacher!
Things are crazy for this family, but you know what, that seems to be the theme. The crazier, the better. Perhaps a better way to phrase it is: the crazier, the more blessed.
No comments:
Post a Comment