My darling little son is already 10 weeks old! I can't believe how quickly the time is flying. As much as I delight in seeing him do new things, it breaks my heart to know that he is steadily creeping closer to the stages where he will come to need me less and less.
To celebrate his 10 week old birthday, I thought I would list the 10 things I absolutely adore about my son:
10. He has a strage obsession with ceiling fans. When we walk into a room his eyes dart to the ceiling and he looks around for the ceiling fan. Once he finds it, he hones in on it and focuses for quite some time. He also stares at it while he eats.
9. He can hold his head up for long periods of time without any assistance.
8. He's such a little trooper. He hardly cried when he got his two month old shots and we only had one instance at home prior to the children's Tylenol kicking in where he screamed in pain.
7. He smiles. A lot. His face lights up whenever Jimmy and I walk in a room.
6. After his early morning feeding, I let him finish off the night's sleep on my pillow with me. It is so wonderful to wake up and see his little face next to mine. The light sounds of his breathing soothe me and fill my heart with joy.
5. He talks quite a bit. He also attempts to mimic what we're saying. His favorite phrases are "goooo" and what always sounds like "hi."
4. He looks so darn cute in all of his outfits. He rarely cries when I change his clothes, which I have been doing quite frequently.
3. He loves to read. We try to read at least one book to him every night. Right now, two favorites are Pajama Time and Thank You, God.
2. His noises are unmistakable. I always know what he needs.
1. Although he can't say it, the look in his eyes lets us know he loves us more than anything in the world. The feeling is mutual.
No comments:
Post a Comment