Thursday, February 18, 2010

A Big Day!

Wednesday, February 17, was a really big day!

It started right at midnight, as Jimmy and I leaned into Brinkley's "night night" (what we affectionately call the kenneled area where she slumbers) and wished her a happy first birthday. We cannot believe our little pup is already a year old. We got her on Easter Sunday six weeks after she was born and to see how she has grown is crazy. It's a little sad for us, too. Her puppy energy is still there, but she definitely has less of it. We find her sleeping in her favorite spots all over the house more than she used to, and she gets worn out faster when we're playing. She's healthy, loving and wonderful, just slowly getting older.

Another big event from the 17th was the arrival of Ella Spence! Our close friends, Susan and Jarrett, welcomed their second baby girl to the world. We were able to go visit Ella and love on her for a little while. She's perfect in every way - from her cute little cheeks all the way to her adorable toes. She will only be a few weeks older than Jimmy V, so we hope they will become friends and we can have lots of play dates. And one day, if their friendship turns into an epic romance, no biggie. :)

And finally, I had my 34 week appointment. It was the last appointment where I will be poked and prodded before actual delivery. I underwent a Strep B test (if you don't know what this is, Google it. It's not really appropriate for discussion in my family-friendly blog) and final blood work. Stepping on the scale, I expected the number to shoot up significantly, but I was not prepared for the five pound increase in just two short weeks! I have to admit, it was a blow to my self-esteem knowing I'm ballooning out at such a fast pace, but I was also deeply comforted knowing all that weight is my growing little boy. My stomach also grew 5 centimeters. I always laugh when they take his heart rate because as soon as they put the gel on my stomach, Jimmy starts kicking away, usually making a direct hit on the nurse's hand and letting her know, "Hey, that's cold!" Overall, the doctor is very pleased with the recent growth of the baby and announced that we are looking to have an earlier delivery date than the expected due date. WHEW! Getting big sure is taking a toll on my body, and quite frankly, I just am exploding at the seams in excitement waiting to meet my little boy.

No comments:

Post a Comment