Monday, March 12, 2012

Jackson Turns One

My sweet baby Jackson,

I honestly don't even know where to begin. Before you even arrived, you had quite the story, and the story of your delivery will forever go down in our family history as one of the most re-told stories, and let's be honest, your Dad will never live it down that he tried to get me to go back to bed when I was in full blown labor. 

I remember walking into NICU a few hours after they took you from me and seeing you hooked up to more machines than I cared to count. It was heartbreaking, but I knew you were a fighter and it wouldn't be long before you were home nestled in your own bed. Just five days later you were back home, but unfortunately Daddy had strep throat so we spent the first week together. It was a bonding time I'll never forget. 

And now, here you are, turning one. Although you're much quieter than your bigger brother, you have a way of never being forgotten. Your smile is contagious and to know you is to know love. You look up to your big brother in a way that touches my heart. I've never met a little boy who is as laid back as you are. I know I can always expect smiles from you, no matter the time of day. Although you are quiet and ever so sweet, you are also the most mischievous little boy. I often find you tucked away into places you shouldn't be, and then I can't help but laugh as you scurry away as fast as possible before a possible reprimand. 

Thank you, Jackson, for everything you have blessed us with in the past year. Thank you for your beautiful spirit, your little fingerprints that grace all surfaces of the house, the drool puddles you leave behind, and the way you run on your tip toes. Thank you for your unconditional love and for being such a beautiful child of God. 

Don't let anyone ever tell you that a second child is forgotten. Over the past year, we have made sure to document as much of your life as we did Jimmy's, and I'm proud to present you with this video to show you some of the wonderful moments from the past year. (And yes, I'm aware it's a little long, but you just had so many cute pictures!)

Happy birthday, sweet angel. 

Love, 

Mom

1 comment:

  1. This is too cool, Jess. So thankful for your healthy babies..... I know you are, too. Thanks for sharing it!

    ReplyDelete