Thursday, February 23, 2012

A Heavy Heart

I've been wanting to write this post for about a week now, but I never had the right words to say. And if there's one thing I can do to glorify this beautiful family and the trials they are facing right now, it's to use exactly the right words.

A friend from my high school drill team days, Whitney, is going through something no parent should. I have to admit, over the years we lost touch (but not completely thanks to Facebook), but we are bound in a sisterhood through our drill team that makes us all family - forever. When I caught wind of her unborn son's story, I cried. My heart was heavy. I immediately felt a rush of guilt over my healthy kids, which I now know was Satan at work. But this isn't about my pain or personal guilt, it's about fellowship and faith in Christ like I've never seen before.

I ask you to read their family blog. Their words tell the story in the most genuine way. I hope you find the beauty laced between the breakdowns, the steady faith despite the heartache. Lift this family up in your prayers and take a look at the blessings in your own life.

Their journey begins here: http://thepaulfamilyjourney.blogspot.com

No comments:

Post a Comment