Sunday, October 9, 2011

Yes! Yes! Yes!

This week, I'm going to be ahead of the game in every way. This past week was a tough one - probably the toughest I've had in quite some time. Jackson got his second tooth, both boys and I came down with terrible colds and I was pulled in a million different directions. But today is such a day of cleansing. We all went to church this morning and when we left, the rain began to fall. It's been coming down hard all day. I couldn't feel more thankful for this life-giving rain and I can't help but also feel it's God's way of washing this past week away.

Here's what I'm saying yes to this week:

Spending every waking moment with the boys. I'm taking the entire week off of work, and I couldn't be more excited! I never take time off; even when I was in the hospital on mag sulfate for a week, I still worked. Workaholic much?

Going to the park to play! 

Doing a little bit of yard work. 

Finishing some crafting projects. I recently started an OU wreath and I just have some finishing touches to put on it.

Letting God use this week to cleanse and revitalize me. 

Being patient. 

Having quiet time at the start of the day, instead of the end.

Baking up a storm!

Reading a few more chapters in my book. 

Letting the boys take a bath full of bubbles.

Laughing until it hurts.

Finger painting with Jimmy. 

Not sweating the small stuff. 

Finding joy in places I ordinarily wouldn't. 

Going for a run.

Getting the house decorated for fall.

Updating the baby books. 

Going to the pumpkin patch.

Capturing some moments on video.


I am absolutely giddy that I can devote all my energy this week to my boys and my husband. I'm sure I'll have some stories to share! :)

No comments:

Post a Comment