Wednesday, October 12, 2011

So far...

I am having the time of my life.

This week of rest from work is so welcomed. I guess I really had no idea just how badly I needed to step away. Although, I must admit I have worked a little every day when the kiddos are napping.

However, it's nice to not have the stress of deadlines and unfinished tasks lingering over my head each day. I am fully submerging myself in the world of my two boys, and I'm loving every single minute. Monday we played so hard I think I was more tired than them! I took time for myself and read some of my book and even watched t.v.! We rarely watch t.v., so when I clicked it on, of course, nothing really caught my interest. I stumbled upon the first part of Kim Kardashian's dream wedding and ended up watching that. Total trash, I know. But it was nice to let my mind just shut off from the world around me. I must admit, watching the two part special made me feel beyond blessed for everything in my life - despite not having the loads of money she has!

Yesterday I picked up my mom and we went shopping. Since I've been pregnant the past two fall and winter seasons, I haven't bought myself new clothes in quite some time. I bargain shopped and found some great stuff! It's unfortunate that we are still seeing temperatures in the high 80s because I'm not sure when I'll be able to show off my new wardrobe!

So far, this week has been everything I needed it to be. My boys have been so good, so playful and so loving. Just this morning Jackson got in bed with me at 6:00 a.m. and fell asleep on my chest. It wasn't the most comfortable thing in the world (he's probably at least 22 pounds now!) but I must say, it was so heartwarming. After about the third month both boys stopped sleeping on my chest or in my arms due to their size. Jackson's loving gesture was just what I needed. I drifted back into a deep sleep for about an hour and when we both woke up, it was to big smiles.

There's still lots of the week to go, and I can't wait to see where it takes us.

No comments:

Post a Comment