I took it as meaning that everything in my life seems to go right.
When reading through some old blog posts about Jimmy, I realized that although I was enduring some rough times as a new Mommy, I seemed to make the most of it. And I hope that readers don't think we are indeed living a life with no complications or stress.
Life is really stressful. Thank goodness for prayer and faith or else I would lose it every day. Being a Mom is tough, but being a Mom who works two jobs makes it even more difficult. And don't get me wrong, there are days I want to cry. Or scream. Or do a combination of the two. Some days I do decide I need a little "moment," so I retreat to the shower where my tears can be masked by the hot water beating down on me.
I'm really proud of the parents that Jimmy and I have become, and I love the impact my kids have on others. Although I have them both on the same sleep schedule, both sleeping through the night, both eating well and both pretty manageable when we are out in public, don't for a minute think it didn't come with a little hard work.
For as many times as I've been given the dreaded head tilt (see an older blog post for explanation), I've been told that I make it look all too easy. Maybe I do.
But here's my secret. And it's something I want to share because it changes how I handle EVERY SINGLE day with two little boys, one big yellow lab, one crazy husband and a stack of bills.......
Time flies by, and if you don't savor every moment, you'll look back one day and wish you had.
Cliche, right? You betcha. But think about it. No, REALLY think about it. Every time Jackson wakes up in the middle of the night disrupting my sleep, means one night in the future he won't need me to be there. For every time Jimmy presses the buttons on the television when I ask him not to, there is a moment in the future when he won't live at home. That's the harsh reality of being a parent. We raise them and instill the best values and morals we can, but one day, they just don't need us as much anymore. Yes, we'll always be there to wipe a tear or offer a hug of congratulations, but one day, they will be strong individuals who no longer need a bandaid or a kiss for a boo-boo.
And that reality hits me hard every day. God has blessed me with eyes that see ever so clearly how precious every moment is with both boys. And I remember that every time I feel like I might just burst - one day, they will be all grown up and I'll be wishing I could make them my babies again.
So next time you think I've got it down pact being a Mommy, just remember my little secret. It just may make life's stresses seem...well, not as worth stressing over.
No comments:
Post a Comment