Friday, May 27, 2011

It's been awhile...

Whoa! I had no idea it had been so long since my last post. The days seem to run together now and weeks are flying past me. As if taking care of two little ones and working full time isn't enough, I am also now a part-time publicist, and I LOVE IT. I may be certifiably crazy for putting more on my already full plate, but life's short and I might as well do it while I'm young and have all this energy, right?

Now, to catch you up:

Jackson
Jackson slept through the night last night! Hooray! I have been teetering on the brink of insanity because, up until last night, I haven't been getting good sleep. Jackson had a bit of trouble getting accustomed to the Nutramigen so we tried Alimentum, only to find out it's basically sugar water. We had Ryan and Julie over for dinner one night and while we were playing XBox Kinect, we noticed that Jackson was wide-eyed and seemed wired. One look at the ingredients of the Alimentum revealed it was 87% water and 4.4% sugar (first two ingredients). So, the poor child had to clear that out of his system and go BACK to Nutramigen. And now, he seems content and is sleeping better than ever. He's also smiling and talking up a storm. I think we hit that milestone where from here on out, he will just quickly go from being a baby to a "big boy."

Little Jimmy
This kid goes a million miles a minute. He has loved hanging out with all of our friends and he knows no strangers. Whenever someone walks past him, no matter where we are, he offers up a friendly, "Hi!" complete with a chubby-fingered wave. He's still obsessed with his five picture books and we read them over....and over....and over throughout the day. His vocabulary is growing and he's talking much more. He's also developing a bit of a terrible two attitude, and I'm not a huge fan. He will throw all out fits if he doesn't get his way, but thankfully, they only rear their nasty head when he's tired, so I do my best to get him down for naps or bed before mean Jimmy comes to play.

Jimmy
Jimmy joins me in the arena of being stretched to the limit as he is now coaching football. He loves it, too. His first spring game was last night, and I was so proud to see him on the field as a coach. It seems like just yesterday he was suited up in pads.

Prom
Seven years later, Jimmy and I revisited prom, this time as chaperones. We had a blast at Caney Creek's prom. It made for great people watching, that's for sure. I got to meet a bunch of Jimmy's students and it was so gratifying to see how respected and liked he is by his students and peers. The principal even requested a song for us to dance to since we weren't able to dance to it at our prom. Highlight of the night fashion-wise: a camo tux. No lie.

And that's life up until now. If we aren't working, we're playing with the kids. If we aren't playing with the kids, we're sleeping. Life is hectic, but gosh it's good.

No comments:

Post a Comment