In all honesty, I think I'm the one who got the boys sick. About a week and a half ago, I woke up with a sore throat and major congestion. I immediately blamed it on the dry weather and chalked it up to allergies. As the days passed, I found myself slowly getting worse. Friday night little Jimmy spiked a fever of 102. His nose began to run and he coughed throughout the night. I asked Jimmy to sleep with Jackson so I could get a full night's sleep, in hopes of shaking the nasty, run down feeling I had. I woke up Saturday morning worse than I had been in days. I had a fever, tossed and turned when I slept, and could barely breathe.
Monday came and I was wondering how I would take care of little Jimmy (still sick) and Jackson (now sick with the same thing Jimmy had, minus the fever) while being sick myself. Thank God my Mom could take the day off work. I set an alarm and called the pediatrician's office right when they opened and set an appointment. My Mom came and picked both boys up and rushed them to the doctor. While she was taking them, I went to a clinic. The diagnosis for the boys was a nasty, highly contagious viral infection that they would have to wait and let pass. Saline solution and a humidifier were the only remedies for the little guys. I was diagnosed with a sinus infection and ear infection, along with the virus. The doctor gave me a Z Pack, Flonase, and two other antibiotics to help fend off the infection.
I went straight home after the appointment and took the first dose of all my medication. I curled back up in my bed and let my body drift into a deep sleep, knowing the boys were in good hands with my Mom. When I woke up, I was substantially better than before. When the boys got home my heart went out to them both as they looked at me with droopy eyes. Their runny noses persisted and their coughs echoed throughout the house. Despite their lack of appetite, they both continued to sleep well. All I could do was clean their noses, keep them rested and love them as much as possible.
And here we are, days later and finally recovering. I felt like such a baby wailing about how sick I was when my two little ones were in the same boat but with no medicine to help them feel better. What strength they have! There were no tears. There was no struggle when I put them down for naps. They were obedient and such little troopers. My, oh my, I have so much to learn from my boys.
No comments:
Post a Comment