Tuesday, March 29, 2011

The P Word

Today was a day full of "p" words - puke, pee and poop.

Simply put, life with two boys.

Jackson has one little problem that I never faced with Jimmy - he pees through his diapers. He had a bit of trouble getting to sleep after his 11 p.m. feeding last night thanks to some painful gas, but I made sure that his diaper was on tight and he was wrapped snugly in his blanket before putting him down for the night. When I heard him quietly stir at 2 a.m. for his bottle, I leaned down to grab him and my hand was immediately drenched in urine. After a quick wipe down with some baby wipes and a change of pajamas, I fed him and put him back down. Three and a half hours later he woke up and we went through the exact same routine - wipe down, change of pajamas, feed, burp, sleep.

Four feedings later, the pile of soiled jammies, blankets and sheets was half the height of his bassinet. I'm determined to find a way to keep that pee in the diaper and off his sheets! We'll see how tonight goes.....

Next, little Jimmy woke up screaming his head off at about 9:30 a.m. I ran up to his room to see what was wrong and was hit smack in the face with one of the most awful smells as soon as I opened the door to his room. I thought we were dealing with a dirty diaper, but when I reached his crib I noticed he had gotten sick - everywhere. There was the most foul smelling puke all over his crib and pajamas. I'm the type of person that gets sick if I see someone else getting sick or I smell it. I fought back the urge and grabbed the poor little guy. I quickly got his pajamas off and ripped the sheets off his crib. Add that to the pile of Jackson's downstairs, and we were quickly building a small mountain.

And then a few hours later, I heard it. I call it the "grunts heard 'round the world." Little Jimmy squatted down on the living room floor, eyes focused on me as he pushed as hard as he could. I knew what was coming. And then, as if the boys planned it, Jackson began his hard-fought battle with his own little poo. Both boys were grunting in the living room, relieving themselves respectively. I called Jimmy in to grab little Jimmy for a diaper change. They were upstairs taking care of that business and I was downstairs changing Jackson. Half way through the diaper change, Jackson decided he wasn't finished. No worries, I thought, at least I have a diaper under him (something I learned from Jimmy). I reached for the wipes. Problem. No more wipes. I loosely fastened the diaper and ran him upstairs. I was half way through changing his second diaper when he decided he STILL wasn't finished. Again, I had a diaper under him so we avoided disaster on the changing table. I silently applauded my quick thinking to keep a diaper under his bottom both times, and during that brief stint of praising myself, Jackson decided to pee. Everywhere. Poor thing urinated all over himself, including his hair. Touche, little man.

Needless to say, today's laundry load was HUGE. And smelly. And both boys took very, very thorough baths.

All in a days work of being a Mommy. : )

2 comments:

  1. just an idea, a little boy max i watch a lot used to leak out of his diapers EVERY TIME. every time. he was using pampers. and i had heard huggies were better for boys and so we switched him and it hasnt happened since. just a thought :) sounds like a fun day! ha.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've tried huggies, pampers and even tried putting a bigger size diaper on him. This little guy is determined to pee through them all. I found the solution: when he's in his Boppy pillow he doesn't pee because he's at an angle. Joy!

    ReplyDelete