Friday afternoon I started having those painful, close contractions again. I immediately pulled out the medicine I had been given to stop contractions, popped one in my mouth, and let it go to work. Unfortunately, this medicine takes an awful toll on my body. I get listless, headaches, tired, achy and my heart rate sky rockets. Thankfully, I haven't had to take the medicine while alone with little Jimmy, or else I'm not sure what I would do. I had to stop the contractions or risk pushing into labor even further, so just endured the side effects, thanking God the entire time that Jimmy could be home to care for our little one.
By Saturday, my body was just completely collapsing. I had congestion in my chest and nose and spent most of the day in bed. As the day went on, I began to get aches, chills and the worst sinus headache. Plus, every time I had a coughing fit, the contractions came heavy and quick. I drank water bottle after water bottle, took hot showers, tried vapor rub and a humidifier and could not get anything to help relax my body. Sunday was no better and I spent only a few hours the entire day awake. I'm finally starting to feel a little better but am definitely struggling to find the strength to care for little Jimmy alone today.
But - enough about me! This blog isn't meant to be a giant pity party for me. No, no, no! It's intended to keep those who know us updated on what's going on with our family, especially little Jimmy and Jackson. This past weekend Jimmy hit his 11 month mark and, with it, has come some pretty exciting and hilarious additions to his behavior.
First off, he's walking up a storm. Well, sort of. He walks 4 or 5 steps, falls, gets back up, tries again and then goes back to crawling again. He moves around so quick when he's crawling that walking frustrates him because it's slow. He also started shaking his head "no." This is not my favorite thing in the world, but I laugh every time he does it. I hope he doesn't start barking "no" all the time just to say it. He also loves to talk. I'm not sure what he's telling me, but his stories are longer and much more elaborate. And if I don't give him my full attention when he's talking to me, he puts his chubby little face right in front of mine and lifts his eyebrows as if to say, "Hello, Mommy! I'm more important right now!"
It absolutely killed me this past weekend to not hold him, cuddle him and care for him. He showered me with so much love and affection this morning when he saw it would be me taking care of him. I was given so many kisses I thought I would drown from the drool left over from each one. It melted my heart and made me feel like a million bucks. He has also taken to lifting up my shirt and grabbing my belly button really hard or hitting my belly. Jackson HATES this. Every time Jimmy does it, Jackson kicks back or moves his little butt right up under my belly button to tighten the skin there as much as possible from his brother's little pinches. This morning I got a nice hard slap to the belly when I tried to have Jimmy give his brother a kiss. I don't think he quite gets the idea that there's a little person in there, but I know when Jackson arrives, he'll be showered in kisses.
No comments:
Post a Comment