Monday, January 31, 2011

Almost 1

Tomorrow is the first day of February, meaning I only have one more month left before my handsome little man turns one. I am still trying to figure out where all those months went!

Last Tuesday he took his first steps. Now, he gets a bit more brave each time and just the other night he took 4 steps. We laughed because it was more like a run. This kid is going to be all over the place when he figures out how to move those pudgy little legs without falling over. His balance is the main issue right now, and it's absolutely amazing to watch him stand for long periods of time contemplating his next move. Crawl? Or attempt to walk?

I am also trying desperately to capture one of my favorite faces he makes on camera. So far, I've failed miserably. He loves to crinkle his nose up and smile at me, flashing me all 7 -yes, 7! - of his pearly whites. He makes the face when he's being silly, when he tastes something sour or when he tastes something "yucky."

I'm doing wonderful, thanks to the many prayers of those around us. I know God is so much bigger than this whole situation and my mind is at ease knowing it's in His hands. My contractions are down to about 15 minutes apart. I spent the entire weekend sleeping or lying around, but I'm definitely feeling more and more antsy. The beautiful weather didn't help the situation. I'm looking forward to Jackson's arrival so I can take both boys outside to play!

Thank you again, to anyone and everyone who has offered a prayer or kind word during this time. Our family is so blessed to be so loved.

No comments:

Post a Comment