Sunday, September 19, 2010

Family Updates

Oh my. I haven't posted in quite some time! Things have been a little hectic around here for us, as big Jimmy is getting quite busy with his teaching and we've had lots of visitors in town. Last weekend, little Jimmy got to meet his great grandparents on the Fraser side, Jimmy's Uncle Scott and Aunt Tracy, Cousins Jamie, Nicole and Allyson, and Aunt Teri and Uncle Rich. That was a very busy weekend for us and left us completely drained all of all energy by Sunday night. Then, close Kintigh family friends and work colleagues Sean and Doug came to town, so we had lots of dinners over at my parents house. This weekend, we welcome more work partners and friends, Thomas and Heather, from Canada.

But I figured I would give everyone a few fun updates on our family.
  • Little Jimmy is starting to mimic words we say, such as "boo", "mum," and "ba." When he's really, really fussy, he screams, "Mum-mum-mum-mum-mum!!!" We laugh at the fact that he sounds British. So cute!
  • He's sitting up for longer and longer periods of time on his own. If he does start to fall over, he knows how to shift his weight and land on his tummy.
  • He scoots like CRAZY. Thank goodness he isn't quite crawling yet because we have trouble keeping up with his scooting!
  • He loves to nap in the "big bed." That's code for Mommy and Daddy's bed, and he just lights up when he is brought into bed with us. After a few minutes of play, he grabs our hands and falls asleep.
  • We have a lover of Toy Story on our hands. We recently put up a Toy Story 3 poster in his room and every time we are in there we say hello to all his Toy Story friends. He kicks his legs violently and laughs when he sees it. I'm thinking a trip to Disney to meet them in person is necessary. :)
  • We have added new words in our sign language library. Now, we do signs for Mommy, Daddy, baby, thank you, and more.
  • He really only reaches for me. It's weird, but he will sort of lean to others if he wants them to hold him, but he really reaches for me. It makes my heart melt because he has certain things he will only do for others, and this is our little thing.
  • He reads books (or thinks he's reading). His favorite book is "First Words," a book with basic words for baby. After I read the word, he repeats (or I think he is) what I've said, but he does it in a high-pitched scream. He's really getting his point across and quite vocal these days.
  • On weekends, he can sleep until 9:30 a.m. And, he will even go right back to sleep after a bottle and not wake up until 11:30 a.m. This makes for excellent bonding as we all three cuddle in bed on weekends and catch up on much needed sleep. The weekdays are just so hectic for us that the only days we really have for moments like this are weekends.
  • I've added a "Fraser Family Prayer Request" board to our fridge. I think this is a great way for us to express to each other what we would like others to pray for in our lives. As our kids get older and add their requests, it will be so awesome to watch as God answers prayers and works in the lives of our entire family. I also hope it will teach everyone in this family that no prayer request is too small, too insignificant or too silly. No matter what it is, God can handle it and the best way is through the power of prayer!
Oh, and one very exciting update I have is that Morgan, one of my best friends, announced recently that she will be welcoming a baby in March! I'm so excited and blessed to have a close friend to share pregnancy with and I can't wait for our kids to grow up together. I only hope little Jimmy doesn't become the trouble maker. I can just see him instigating lots of mischievous behavior and blaming it on the two babies. We are teaching him to share in hopes that he will instead be very loving and understanding of two new babies in the spring.

God is working in big ways!

No comments:

Post a Comment