Thursday, September 23, 2010

11 Weeks Pregnant

When I was pregnant with Jimmy, I wrote in a journal almost every day. Mainly, I was writing how I felt, keeping track of what I was eating, how much water I was drinking, and if I had any unusual pains. Reading back through them, I realized I haven't done that for the second one. And now that I'm blogging much more frequently, this may be a good way for me to keep track of my pregnancy.

Disclaimer: These blogs may be boring to some

Today, I'm 11 weeks pregnant! I can't believe the second trimester is right around the corner! Thank goodness, I really could use the extra boost in energy.

At my first doctor's appointment, only a few weeks into the pregnancy, I weighed in at 93 pounds. I knew I was losing weight - and fast- because of my hectic schedule keeping up with a full time job and little Jimmy. However, I didn't know my weight had dropped so low. I was determined by my next appointment, which was only 3 weeks away, that I would put on some weight. As the days passed, I felt my body changing at a much quicker rate than it did during my first pregnancy. I was warned this would happen, so the 5 pound weight gain in those 3 weeks I attribute to the rapid increase in my uterus and bra size. (Sorry if that seems graphic, but hey, it's just pregnancy!) When I was first starting out my pregnancy with Jimmy, I was 101 pounds. That was a weight I was very happy starting with and I felt healthy. I'm still trying to make sure I put on healthy weight right now.

Besides being quite tired first thing in the morning and right smack in the middle of the day, I feel really good. No morning sickness, no aversions to food, no dizziness. It's such a blessing to have a second pregnancy that is going so smooth. I don't really crave any one particular thing, but when I set my mind to something that sounds good at that moment, I have to have it. I've also had quite the increase in appetite, something that subsided in my second trimester with Jimmy.

I don't see a baby bump yet but I did feel my hips widen almost immediately. My clothes fit a bit different but I'm still the only one who notices any difference. And something that didn't happen with Jimmy was that my face has been breaking out like a teenager in high school! It's terrible! I'm very embarrassed when I go out in public because I swear all eyes go straight to my broken out forehead. I will be happy when this little phase passes - if it does.

But all is well in the pregnancy world for me! I have a first trimester screen in 2 weeks and I'm excited to see the little baby on the ultrasound screen again. Before we know it, we will know if we are welcoming a boy or girl! Thanks be to God for keeping the new baby and me healthy and safe during this time.

On another note, I'm elated that Morgan is having a baby boy! This will be great fun for little Jimmy as her little one grows. They will learn so much from each other and can take out all that little boy energy on each other. This makes me want another boy, so there will be 3 and no little girl to be picked on, but either way, I'm going to be one happy Mommy!

No comments:

Post a Comment