Thursday, August 5, 2010

Jimmy's 5 Month Update

Yesterday was Jimmy's 5 month mark! My, oh my, where does the time go!?

A few things about Jimmy now that he's five months old:

  • He eats solid foods twice a day. Carrots, squash, bananas, apples, and sweet potatoes are his favorite. After he takes a bite, he goes, "Mmmmm." Makes us laugh every time. He's also great at eating, so in love with food that he works hard not to drop any.
  • He slobbers everywhere. I mean everywhere. He has two teeth that he's really working on coming in on the bottom so we are just chewing away on toys, blankets, his clothes, and his new favorite thing to grab for and try to eat - Brinkley. I've walked in on him sitting in his exersaucer grabbing her ear and pulling it in for a taste.
  • He's still a great sleeper! Bedtime is around 9:30 and we usually expect to hear him grumbling around 7 a.m.
  • He rolls over non-stop. If I put him on his stomach, within seconds he's on his back. And when he does it, he laughs.
  • He LOVES to laugh. He laughs and laughs and laughs and laughs at everything we do.
  • When he's on his tummy, he can wiggle his way all around. We are close to crawling!
  • He talks more than ever, and it's more than just one syllable. He also sings in his car seat when we are driving and have music on. It's adorable.
  • My hair is the ultimate prize. I try my best to keep it out of his hands, and mouth, but if I'm not paying attention and he grabs a handful, I'm in for some wet locks.
I just can't believe how interactive and fun he is! It's a great age right now and I can't wait to continue to watch him grow! I love you, little man!

No comments:

Post a Comment