It's been awhile since my last post because we've just been so darn busy lately!
For Memorial Day weekend, we decided to go to the Riley's lake house up in Crockett. Jimmy was kind enough to suggest I go Friday night alone to spend some time with the girls and just relax without the baby. I was hesitant to go, but after many tears were shed on my part, I packed up my things and went. It was so wonderful to know the baby was in such good hands and I was truly able to let my mind and body relax for the evening as we sipped red wine and shared wonderful conversation.
I was terrified, however, of how the coming nights would be with the baby. Would he wake up between 3 and 4 a.m. screaming for a bottle? How many people would we wake on this relaxing weekend? Much to my surprise, baby Jimmy loved the fresh lake air. He slept peacefully in his pack and play during the day while we were down floating in the lake, and he decided that Saturday night would be the perfect time to begin sleeping through the night. And sleep he did.
He would fuss at about 9:30 p.m., a strong indicator that bedtime had arrived. I put him down and didn't hear another peep from him until 7 a.m. The full night's rest was wonderful for me and I will forever hold dear in my heart those mornings when we awoke together and watched the sun rise over the lake. It was peaceful, beautiful and everything a mom dreams of sharing with her children.
Just two short weeks later we found ourselves packing up the CR-V for a trip we planned a few months back out to Horseshoe Bay Resort. We had planned the trip awhile back, knowing we would be in Austin for a wedding on June 12. Again, I was a little nervous as to how the shift in environment would affect the baby, but of course, he proved it takes more than a getaway to shake him. He would sleep through the nights, nap for hours during the day, and even found a spot under the umbrella by the pool to be a fitting place for an afternoon nap. We swam in the baby pool for the first time, something that he loved, and dipped his feet into Lake LBJ. At the rehearsal dinner at The Oasis on Lake Travis, he was the main attraction. Everyone wanted to meet him, hold him, and watch him light up the room with his smile. He knew how to work all the ladies, for sure. The rehearsal dinner tuckered him out so much he slept the entire next day until wedding time. And then, of course, he took his daily poop right before Megan walked down the aisle and started cooing very loudly during their vows. I was frantic that he would let out a big scream and interrupt the wedding, but thankfully he didn't. It was quite the feat to change a dirty diaper in the car, on an incline, though, and I now feel I can change a dirty diaper anytime, anywhere. After all was said and done, he found a comfy spot in his stroller and slept through all the reception festivities.
All of this came at the perfect time because right before departing for Austin, we found out Jimmy didn't get the other teaching job. God has a much bigger plan, and we are praying hard that we can see past the initial hurt and move towards His plan for us. Needless to say, Jimmy never skipped a beat and has already begun applying for jobs all over the place. I know he's destined for big things, and we will keep steadfast in prayer to let God's plan unveil before us.
No comments:
Post a Comment