I can't believe that four weeks have already passed and our little miracle is already one month old! He's grown so much since that Thursday morning when we welcomed him to our family. He smiles, grabs hair, is losing his newborn hair, fits into size one diapers and 0-3 month clothing, and he's much more vocal than before. It amazes me to think of the fear, elation, joy and exhaustion that filled my heart that morning he was born. Now, we are rested, comfortable and completely smitten over this little bundle.
My neighbor, Heather, gave me a beautiful CD by Celine Dion titled "Miracle." On this one month birthday of my son, there is really no better song to wrap up all of our feelings for him than the title track:
You're my life's one miracle
everything I've done that's good
and you break my heart with tenderness
and I confess it's true
I never knew a love like this 'til you
You're the reason I was born
now I finally know for sure
and I'm overwhelmed with happiness
so blessed to hold you close
the one that I love most
though the future has so much in store
who could ever love you more?
the nearest thing to Heaven
you're my angel from above
only God creates such perfect love
when you smile at me I cry
and to save your life I'd die
with a romance that is pure in heart
whatever it requires
I live for your desires
forget my own, your needs will come before
who could ever love you more?
there is nothing you could ever do
to make me stop loving you
and every breath I take
is always for your sake
you sleep inside my dreams and know for sure
who could ever love you more?
I'm glad you connected with the lyrics of that song as much as I did! They truly are our little miracles, such perfect treasures!
ReplyDelete