Thursday, April 8, 2010

My mom is one of the strongest women I know.

Today, our neighbor of 15 years passed away after a hard-fought struggle with a brain tumor. Back when my mom found out Kim had the tumor, she sprang to action and began helping their family out in whatever way she could. For the past few months, she has been a complete angel to the Hortons, providing them with whatever they needed, day or night. Their daughter, MacKenzie, had my mom today to turn to when her mom passed, and I don't think she could have had a better shoulder to cry on.

I am so proud to be my mom's daughter. She is an incredibly strong woman who is always giving so much of herself to others and never asks for anything in return. God has given her such a unique ability to love and I admire that so much. I'm praying not only for the Horton family today and all those who were touched by Kim's amazing life, but also for my mom, that God can keep her strong and her heart from being heavy.

Mom, if Kim could say anything to you from Heaven right now, I'm sure the perfect words that would sum everything up would be, "Thank you."

No comments:

Post a Comment