Wednesday, April 14, 2010

In my previous blog I touched on the fact that Jimmy is teaching me to have a sense of humor about some of the grossest things imaginable. There's been so much going on lately so I decided to dedicate an entire blog to some funny little stories we've had as a family.

  • April 13 - Exhausted after another restless night of sleeping because the virus has yet to pass through Jimmy's system, we decided to try and really stimulate him before bedtime to tucker him out. He loves to watch his mobile in his crib and look at new things, so we spread out a blanket on the floor and pulled out all his toys. We read a few books and then decided to listen to some music because it is his absolute favorite thing to do with his daddy. I don't know exactly what made us think it would be a good idea to make a little music video, but we did. Jimmy is very adamant about being a "big boy" and when we stand him up he tries very hard to get his legs sturdy. If we put him on his belly for tummy time, he either tries to roll over or crawl away. He isn't successful yet, but it is amazing to watch him try so hard. Anyways, back to the point. We made a music video fo Jimmy standing and dancing to the music. Here's the music video I'm sure you are just dying to see: Jimmy V Dance Party
  • April 14 - Jimmy slept through the night for the first time! When I woke up to his cries for a bottle, I thought it was between 3 and 4 a.m. I was floored when I looked up at the clock and it was 5 a.m.! I was so excited we had gotten so much sleep at one time that I started praising Jimmy and exclaiming loudly, "I'm going to take you to Disney World! Let's go to Disney World! Way to go, buddy! Disney, here we come!" Now, last time I checked Disney trips weren't handed out for sleeping through the night, but I guess I was really, really excited to have more than 3 hours of sleep.
  • Brinkley and two Jimmy's adds up to lots of toots. Lots and lots of toots. The funny thing is, I have trouble distinguishing who the culprit is when we are all in a room together. I often blame big Jimmy for the loud ones that seem to shake the walls, but when I look over at him and see his mouth open in awe, I know it is his little protege who has broken wind. I'm completely at a loss for ever hoping it will get better, because I know I have many more years of loud, smelly toots ahead.
  • "Parent talk" is ridiculous in our house. I say things like "poopy," "toot," and "paci." Jimmy and I have our own little parent language and we can quickly say "I need a bottle - and quick!" with our shortened version of parent talk. I never thought two college graduates would talk this way, but I must say we are extremely cautious not to partake in too much baby talk to Jimmy. We speak to him like he's a fellow intellectual, but we talk to either other like we are toddlers. Funny how that works, huh?
There are many, many more stories that we treasure in our hearts, but I thought it would be fun to share our little moments of laughter with you!

No comments:

Post a Comment