Thursday, January 28, 2010

Things I Can't Do Anymore

Alright, alright. It's official. That little "basketball under my shirt" isn't a basketball anymore. And even if you are going to try and tell me I'm still really tiny for almost 32 weeks pregnant, I'm going to stare you straight in the eyes and let you know that although I may not look big, my child is measuring a good 2 weeks ahead of schedule. So to me, when I get out of bed I feel the weight of way more than just a basketball under my shirt. But guess what, I still love it :)

Here's some things I can't do anymore now that my belly has gotten bigger:

  • Paint my toes. I keep trying to reach down or maneuver myself in a way that I can get them all, but it doesn't work. Jimmy won't paint them for me, and I sort of don't blame him. Although it would be a nice surprise for him to give me a gift card to a nail salon so someone else will take care of this problem for us both.
  • Tie my shoes. Unless I'm sitting down and can muster up enough energy to swing my leg up onto my lap, those shoes are just not going to get tied.
  • I can still dress myself, but I get a little wobbly when it comes to pants. I've almost fallen a few times while getting dressed for work.
  • Sit for long periods of time. Stand for long periods of time. Do anything for long periods of time. :)
  • Sleep through the night. Oh wait, that's been the case for months. I guess God is just preparing me now for when baby Jimmy is actually here.
  • Bend down to pet Brinkley in her favorite spot.
Although it seems like there is just a never-ending list of things I can't do, shouldn't do, etc. right now, I'm loving that the time for Jimmy's arrival is so close!! And you want to know one thing I can do REALLY well right now? Eat ice cream. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment