Saturday, June 1, 2013

Accomplishment

Today was a day of accomplishment. God so beautifully blessed me with spare time (can you even imagine?! Spare time!) and I was eager to sit down, one-on-one, with the messy scribblings of my sometimes incoherent ramblings about my book.

This is just some of it. And it's funny how artwork, whether it be music, writing, drawing, painting, etc., brings out the funniest little quirks in people. For instance, I've discovered a newfound love for colored paperclips and find them to be of utmost importance during this process. I'm not sure why, but whenever I sit down to work on the book I have to have my colored paperclips nearby. If only there were digital paperclips I could use for all these files sitting on my desktop....

But today was beautiful not only in that I had time to work on the book, but that God revealed some truly awesome things to me about the book. I'm learning a bit about my competitive advantage, constantly thinking of how to market the book, my audience, and most importantly, how to deliver the gospel in a way that is provoking and life-changing. I can't give too many details about the premise of the book, so bear with me as I write about it in broad terms. Hopefully one day you'll be able to hold a copy of it's comforting pages in your hands. That truly is my hope. 

The boys took longer than usual naps, God granted me access to ideas that I'm positive are directly from Him, and I sit now smiling about the thoughts of what's to come. It won't be easy. This is a path I haven't taken before and I know on the horizon looms rejection, the loss of focus, frustration and hesitation. But for now, I will relish in these hours of solitude and accomplishment, for I know that with God all things are possible. 

No comments:

Post a Comment