Tuesday, July 24, 2012

The Dynamic Duo

It hit me the other day, while watching Jimmy and Jackson wrestle on the floor with each other, that the dynamic duo will be coming to an end soon.

I have told the boys more times than I can count about the soon-to-be arrival of their new little brother, but it didn't really hit me until I saw them playing together just how much it will affect them and their relationship. There will no longer just be one other sibling to play with. The wait in line at the counter each night for milk will take one more filling of a sippy cup longer. Whoever is trapped at the bottom of the wrestling pile will have two brothers to fight off instead of one. There will be more boo-boos, more tears, but most importantly, more love and laughter.

And while I can barely wait for Joshua to get here (I'm 30 weeks and no pre-term problems yet! Thank God!), I'm also a little apprehensive to add another little Fraser to make the dynamic duo the terrific (and most likely troublesome) trio because I don't want to alter the relationship Jimmy and Jackson already have; I only want it to get stronger. It's soon time to adapt to a new brother; a new best friend. And a part of me worries that a bond with Joshua will form stronger with one of them, and one of my precious boys may feel left out.

I'm not quite sure how in the blink of an eye Jimmy and Jackson went from this:

to this: 



My beautiful boys are growing up too fast. Enjoy your last weeks, dynamic duo, because very soon you'll have another accomplice to tag along on your adventures.

1 comment:

  1. I completely understand your fears and worries as I am worrying about going from 1 to 2; but, I just know your boys will love adding another addition and another wrestling buddy to the mix. Man, your boys are like little twins and so dang cute! You two are great parents and they are lucky to have you!

    ReplyDelete