Friday, April 27, 2012

Fun Fridays

This week was hectic.

Monday I spent the entire day away from my sweet boys while I worked in our Clear Lake offices. While it was fun to spend time with the team down there, and have the opportunity to view the water of the Galveston Bay from the office, it was the first day I had left before the sun was fully up and wasn't back until dinner. It was a definite eye opener for me as to what many parents go through, and I continually thanked God for allowing me the opportunity to work mainly from home.

Tuesday I headed back down to Houston for a few more meetings, followed by meetings in our main office, and then finally called it a day and headed to my mom's to pick up the boys. They were sleeping soundly after a day of playing and I felt as if I was missing out on all the sweet little memories that fill my heart with so much joy.

Wednesday was another busy day at work and by the time we hit dinner I felt distant from the boys and drained of all energy. That night, I was frightened by what felt like my first contraction. Luckily, I don't think it was a contraction, but I realized I needed to slow down and start finding a way to take a little time in the day for myself. Don't let the title "work from home mom" ever fool you - sometimes I really think working from home may be the hardest job because not only are you raising kids, but you're mixing that with work and there's little room to draw a distinct line between family life and work life. I'm guilty of letting the two blend WAY too much, to the point little Jimmy has climbed on the table and closed my laptop while I'm working.

To remedy this, I decided to take a short mid-day nap on Thursday after spending quality time with the boys. It's important for Baby J that my body is as healthy and strong as possible. We're at 17 weeks, people, and my goal is to get at least 20 more weeks out of this pregnancy!

And today, well, today was perfect. I woke up early and worked for a few hours before packing up our wagon and putting the boys in the car to head to the Waterway for a morning stroll with Morgan and Miles. The boys all love being around each other so while they giggle back and forth we're able to talk and vent. Life is always easier when you have wonderful friends to share it with.

I was supposed to have a hair appointment later in the day, something I scheduled to make a little time for myself, but I've been feeling quite a bit of pain from the progesterone shots and wasn't sure I'd be able to sit in the salon chair for three hours without finding it too uncomfortable to bear. I moved the appointment to a later date, headed to my mom's and got another couple of hours of work in while the boys napped upstairs.  After that, I decided work was done for the day and it was all about spending time playing with my two little ones. My mom's street is swarming with kids ages 2-10, so it's the perfect place for my boys to laugh, get dirty and be silly - which is exactly what they did. They played in the sprinkler, drank juice boxes. ran around with no shoes, played in bubbles, and enjoyed every single moment of being a kid. There was no hitting. No disagreements. No tantrums. All the kids got along beautifully and it was such a joy to watch them interact. The innocence of play between kids never ceases to amaze me. They played until the sun hit the western horizon and bellies began to rumble for dinner. Just when I thought my kids might collapse from sheer exhaustion, they not only giggled throughout dinner, but managed to splish and splash during a famous Nana bubble bath and then ran around nude while eating freeze pops for dessert. Oh, how their grandparents spoil them.

I love watching my boys at this stage and I'm feeling more thankful as each day passes that God will soon bless us with another bouncing boy. There's no shortage of energy in this Fraser household, and I look forward to many more fun Fridays filled with memories of sweet, exhausting playtime.

No comments:

Post a Comment