The Fraser family is officially moved into our new home! We couldn't be more excited to have a beautiful, brand new home to get settled into right before Christmas. It was an extremely hectic process packing and moving with a 9 month old and me being 5 months pregnant, but with the help of our amazing families, we were able to do it all in one day!
It was difficult at first for me, because I wanted to unpack and decorate immediately. However, once we were all moved in, that desire disappeared. I set up the boys' room (Jimmy and Ethan will share the largest room upstairs) and then worked slowly from there. As long as we all have a place to sleep, eat and play, I'm not worried about finishing touches. After Christmas I'll worry about putting stuff on the walls and finishing off all the rooms. For now, the joy of our family fills this house with so much love there's really nothing else we need. It's such a warm, welcoming place and we are so blessed to have been able to buy this home right before the birth of our second son.
I've been overwhelmed with emotions during this entire process. Moving into this house made me so appreciative of everything Jimmy and I have: supportive families, good jobs, love, and the love of our Savior. We realized it was through persistent prayer that this was able to come true for us, and we haven't stopped giving Him thanks ever since. It feels like such a huge achievement to be 25 years old and have our own home. Not only that, but we are able to fill it with food and beautiful furniture. Every time I step foot upstairs and see Ethan and Jimmy's room, I get emotional. My sons will have a safe, healthy environment to grow and explore. It took years of hard work and saving on our part, and it was totally worth it. I feel so undeserving of this giant blessing and will not take it for granted. God is so good and He had a plan for our family.
We are getting so excited for Ethan's arrival and we tell Jimmy ever day about his little brother. Ethan is quite the kicker, much like Jimmy was, and I can tell his personality will be very similar to his brother's. I am taking every second I have with little Jimmy and making the most of it because I know in April that time will no longer come as easy. My heart explodes with love just thinking of how joyous and happy this home will be with two smiling little boys!
Jimmy met Santa Friday night. I was incredibly frustrated with our first attempt to see the big man. We were told as we rushed up to the line that Santa was closing for just under 2 hours so he could have story time. I flashed the lady working the line a look of, "please, just let us in, we have a 9 month old and we won't take long," but she wouldn't budge. We fought through the mall crowds and back to the parking lot where we decided if we were up to it, we would try later. We ran some errands and came home for nourishment and then put Jimmy back in his outfit for Santa. It was almost 8:00 and we were quickly approaching his bedtime, so we knew the visit was flirting with disaster. Luckily, our son is full of Christmas cheer and because we didn't have a line to wait in, he was eager to sit in Santa's lap. We got a once-in-a-lifetime picture of him smiling with Santa. It was a complete success. We laughed as we hypothesized next year's visit: a freaked out Jimmy and a curious Ethan, who may cry if he sees his big brother crying. That night's photo will probably be our last "smiling with Santa" picture for some years to come.
Jimmy adores the lights on the tree in our front window and is giddy when he sees lights on houses. I can't wait to see him light up on Christmas morning at the packages he will have the joy of ripping through. Although I'm sure the paper and boxes will be more interesting than the actual toys, I love knowing he's happy. I also tell him every day about the birth of Jesus and how it's the most celebrated birthday of the year. I hope as years pass he will remember the true spirit of the season and how it was the birth of the Lord Jesus that brings about this amazing time of joy and cheer.
No comments:
Post a Comment