Friday, October 8, 2010

Catching Up


There are so many things to catch up on! I've been buried in work lately and when I'm not working, I'm busy enjoying the beautiful "Texas fall" weather we've been having. Little Jimmy is definitely loving our daily strolls either in our neighborhood or along the waterway.

Last weekend, we went to our first Farmer's Market with the little guy. Here's a picture of him all bundled up on that chilly morning. He loved getting to see his Grandma and Grandpa Fraser as we walked along and looked at all the fresh vegetables vendors had to offer.

After the Farmer's Market, he took a long nap and then we headed to Wahoo's for lunch with Ryan before the OU/Texas game. I was not real happy with how Oklahoma looked in the game, but I was excited that Jimmy's first experience watching ended with a win!

I also had my end of first trimester appointment. I decided to take Jimmy with me to my appointment, although I must be frank as to how nervous I was having him out and about during his nap time. This appointment was also a pretty big one, complete with an ultrasound, blood work and a meeting with the doctor. However, God heard my prayers and put a little angel in the waiting room that morning. A little girl, no more than three years old, was in the waiting room with her mom as well and the moment we walked through the doors she shrieked with joy at the sight of my little guy. She tugged on her mom's sleeve over and over saying, "Baby! Baby! Baby!" Her mom then suggested she sing to the baby, and with a look of pure excitement the little girl opened her mouth and began a beautiful rendition of "Jesus Loves Me." Of course, Jimmy loved her singing and would begin to fuss when she stopped. This egged her on more, and with each new beginning of the song, she crept closer and closer to his stroller. Before I knew it, he had a best friend. She also signed the song while she sang, making Jimmy completely focused on everything she was doing. This continued until I was called back for my ultrasound. I quietly thanked God for giving us that little gift while we waited.

During the ultrasound, the nurse, Angie, told me she could make a very educated guess as to what the sex of the baby was. I had a feeling I knew, because I could see, clear as day, exactly what she was seeing. Indeed, she did venture a guess that we will welcome another little boy to our family in April. I am beyond excited because I was hoping for a boy. I can just picture my two little guys romping around the house and becoming the best of friends.

All was well with my check up. I did lose a little weight, but with all the walking and toting around of such a huge infant, it's to be expected. My appetite is good, still no morning sickness or dizzy spells, and everything looks on track. I even found out I may not need bed rest for as long as we first predicted - thank heavens! Dr. Rawson did move my due date forward and now it is officially April 10.

Fall is here, the weather is beautiful, and I am beyond blessed. Can life get any sweeter?

No comments:

Post a Comment