Tuesday, August 31, 2010

Jimmy's (almost ) 6 Month Milestones

I had to keep myself from blogging for awhile because I was so scared I would spill the beans on the new baby! Now that the news is out, I need to catch up on Jimmy's milestones before we hitthe 6 month mark in JUST FOUR DAYS!

Thursday, August 26, we took Jimmy to his first high school football game. The Woodlands played Monterrey Tech and it was such a nice evening I couldn't resist. He was a bit fussy at times, which was completely understandable as he was experiencing new noises and people, but overall did very well. Lon snapped a picture of us at the end of the night (please excuse how gross I look - it may have been a nice evening but it was still humid and I was sweating from lugging around that big guy). It's so cool that Lon was able to capture this memory for us because he took the very first picture Jimmy and I have together, as well as all our wedding photos, and photos of us when I was pregnant very early on with Jimmy V. He's always there to capture those special times in our lives!


As for developmentally, Jimmy is wow-ing us by the day. He can hold his own bottle, sit up for minutes at a time and play with toys, scoot around on his back, which is hilarious to watch, and has two teeth coming in at the same time. As you can see from the photo above, his fingers are always in his mouth or he is chewing on someone else's. We call him the drool factory. He's a pretty decent teether, maintaining his happy-go-lucky attitude despite the pain. We've really only had a few meltdowns mixed in with some rough nights, so I'm counting myself pretty lucky.

Jimmy also has a new love: his blue puppy dog, Patch. It's a little stuffed blue puppy that barks and he lights up when you give it to him! Poor Patch has been spit up on, chewed on, thrown at Brinkley and taken to every major event little Jimmy has been to. Yes, Patch was there for our first football game. :) I love watching him reach for the stuffed dog and then pulling it close to him as soon as he grabs it. When he's tired, he covers his face with Patch. I'm still a little weary of letting Patch sleep in the crib with him, so we will wait another month before letting that happen. I need to get a picture of Jimmy with Patch because it's just the cutest thing. When I was little, I had an entire bed just for my stuffed animals, so we will see if Jimmy is slowly becoming like his mommy. :)


We are still big on reading, an activity that calms Jimmy down every evening and grabs his attention. I bought him some stacking cups and he loves the colors of those and to make noise with them. I even caught him throwing them at a sleeping Brinkley from his exersaucer, so I had to do my best to explain to him that it wasn't nice. I know he had no clue what I was saying, though. Crawling is still a work, but we are on the brink of him just cutting loose. I don't want to push it too hard, because I know he's ahead of the game already and once he figures it out, there will be no stopping him!

One thing I am most proud of is his understanding of sign language. We sign for "bottle" and he now understands! When we make the sign he will smile and kick his legs to let us know he is ready. If he doesn't want a bottle, he will just ignore the sign. I also sign for excitement or praise, "more", "thank you", and will begin working on others when he turns the corner on 6 months. It amazes me how much his little mind absorbs!


No comments:

Post a Comment