Sunday, February 7, 2010

Blessed

Yesterday was a day I will never forget.

My close friends came together to throw me a baby shower that was so beautiful and meaningful that words cannot truly describe it. Lately, I have felt as though not all of my friends were on board with Jimmy and me having a baby; being at different stages in our lives, I understood, but was still a little hurt. Yesterday, a group of women showed up to shower my unborn baby and me with so much love that I will never again question whether people care or stand behind Jimmy and me.

I am honestly still overwhelmed by it all. It was such a beautiful day, filled with many laughs and memories I will hold dear to my heart forever. I went home with so many goodies for our son that I still don't know what to do with it all! My thanks and gratitude for everyone who attended and sent their love to our shower will never be fully expressed. God works in wonderful ways and yesterday He showed His love over and over again.

It touched my heart to look around the rooms and see so many people smiling back at me, offering me positive, uplifting advice, and sharing their personal stories about being a mom. (And for those who aren't moms yet, assuring me they will be there every step of the way as I experience motherhood for the first time). By the time I got home, my heart was about to pop and I couldn't stop telling Jimmy how blessed we were. There is no other way to explain it, no eloquent words that I could type here for you to read. To experience a day like yesterday is something that words will never do justice. A very heartfelt thanks to all who made my baby shower such a moving, loving, fantastic experience. Our son is blessed to have so many examples of Christian love around him, guiding him and loving him as he grows.

Here are a few pictures of the baby's room with all of his new goodies. There are a few things still left to do (new blinds, a few more wall hangings and possibly a rug), but this will give you a glimpse at our little prince charming's room:

















No comments:

Post a Comment